Southmoore Speech & Debate Mission and Vision Statement
The Southmoore Speech & Debate Team connects, supports, and inspires a diverse community committed to empowering students through competitive speech and debate. We envision a place in which every student has access to educational resources, competitive opportunities, and expertise necessary to foster their communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creative skills. (Adapted from the National Speech and Debate Association Mission and Vision to fit the Southmoore Speech and Debate Team Mission & Vision)
Edmond Santa Fe HS
Norman OR Union HS
Districts Workshop ***
Deer Creek HS
Norman North HS
Feb. 28- March 2
Regionals in Edmond ^***
STATE @ OU ^***
NATIONALS IN Dallas, TX ^***#
*** Mandatory for Students Who Have Qualified/Are Attending
^ Qualification Required
% - Invite Only
# Overnight Tournament
- Champs Tournament
Debate ONLY Is Held On Friday With All Other Events Competing On Saturday (Out Of State, Union HS, Districts, Regionals, And State Are The Exceptions).
- Practices will be held on Tuesday and Thursday after school until 5:00 pm*. PLEASE ARRANGE YOUR RIDE SO THAT YOU WILL BE PICKED UP AT 5:00 PM.
- You must attend one practice per week and both practices on tournament weeks.
- PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ME WAIT FOR YOUR RIDE!
- IF YOU MAKE ME WAIT, YOU WILL RECEIVE ONE WARNING. After that warning, I will NOT dedicate my time to you outside of school hours for practice.
- Students can sign up for individual sessions during these after school hours in the planner in my classroom. I will also hold sessions during class on practice days in class.
- Sessions will last 30 minutes, unless you have signed up for two back to back sessions.
- With each new event, students will need to compete two of these sessions before you compete.
- After those two initial sessions, you will need to do one session before each tournament. This session can be to work on any event you want help with.
*I am willing to work with people’s schedules outside of the practice schedule as long as you are respectful of my time.