(Revised 1/16)To fully maximize students’ instructional time, Central Junior High will be instituting the following policy beginning January 5, 2016.
Central Junior High Tardy Policy
The following policy will be enforced:
- Students who are not in their room when the last bell has stopped ringing will be considered tardy.
- All tardies are counted unless the student has a pass from a staff member.
- Records of tardies will be kept by each teacher.
- Two (2) tardies constitute an absence and will be counted as such in conjunction with the attendance policy.
- Excessive tardies may result in disciplinary action as outlined in this policy.
1st Tardy:Warning and documentation of tardy by teacher 2nd Tardy:Teacher contacts parent/guardian and conducts student conference. 3rd Tardy:Teacher contacts parent/guardian and assigns 1 day of detention or other teacher-assigned discipline. 4th Tardy:Teacher contacts parent/guardian and assigns 2 days of detention or teacher-assigned discipline 5th Tardy:Office referral (Typically, student will be assigned 1 day of In-School-Detention (ISD) and parent/guardian will be contacted) 6th Tardy:Office referral (Typically, student will be assigned 3 days of ISD and parent/guardian will be contacted) 7th Tardy:Office referral (Typically, student will be assigned Out-of-School Suspension and/or the above and parent/guardian will be contacted)
Additionally, any student who does not report to his/her respective lunch period immediately following the lunch bell may receive disciplinary action in conjunction with this policy.