Supplies for 2018-19
We are welcoming several new teachers to CJH this fall, so we will not be providing a single formal supply list at this time. Individual class lists will be provided by teachers on the first day of school. For those of you who would like to take advantage of early sales, here are items that have been requested for core classes in the past.
The only item that all CJH students will need this year is a 13-section accordion file. This will be used as an organizational tool for all classes.
Summer Reading Incoming 7th and 8th-grade students are required to complete summer reading assignments. For information about summer reading requirements:Emergency Contact Update Parents/Guardians: The beginning of a new semester is a great time to make sure all phone numbers and emergency contacts on your student's summary page are up to date. Please remember that in case of an emergency, students may only be released to someone listed on their summary page. Contact Kelly Smith in the counselors' office at 735-4562 for more information.Tardy Policy Parents/Guardians: Please see our revised Tardy Policy here.
- Composition notebooks (Most CJH teachers prefer 100-page composition notebooks to spiral notebooks. For core classes last year, 7th graders needed 6 and 8th graders needed 5. Right now they can be purchased at office supply stores for 25-50 cents each.)
- Pencils (lots and lots...buy them now while they're cheap!)
- Notebook paper
- Disinfectant wipes (for desks/tables/keyboards)
- Glue sticks (at least one of your child's classes will require glue sticks.)
- Colored pencils (at least one of your child's classes will require colored pencils.)