CONGRATULATIONS to 8th graders Audrey Andrews, Allyson McDougal, and David Michael Wall, winners for Middle School Personal Narrative in the Oklahoma Writing Project Competition!CONGRATULATIONS to 8th grader Kaytlyn Hall, winner of the local Patriot's Pen Essay Contest!7th Grade Enrollment Night will be held Tuesday, February 26 at 6:00 PM. Doors will open at 5:45 PM. Enrollment information will be presented at 6:00 PM. Athletic information will be presented at 6:30 PM.Emergency Contact Update Parents/Guardians: The beginning of a new semester is a great time to make sure all phone numbers and emergency contacts on your student's summary page are up to date. Please remember that in case of an emergency, students may only be released to someone listed on their summary page. Contact Kelly Smith in the counselors' office at 735-4562 for more information.CONGRATULATIONS to David Corbett, CJH Teacher of the Year!CONGRATULATIONS to Shelly Mckinley, CJH Support Person of the Year!
Supplies for 2018-19We are welcoming several new teachers to CJH this fall, so we will not be providing a single formal supply list at this time. Individual class lists will be provided by teachers on the first day of school. For those of you who would like to take advantage of early sales, here are items that have been requested for core classes in the past.
The only item that all CJH students will need this year is a 13-section accordion file. This will be used as an organizational tool for all classes.
- Composition notebooks (Most CJH teachers prefer 100-page composition notebooks to spiral notebooks. For core classes last year, 7th graders needed 6 and 8th graders needed 5. Right now they can be purchased at office supply stores for 25-50 cents each.)
- Pencils (lots and lots...buy them now while they're cheap!)
- Notebook paper
- Disinfectant wipes (for desks/tables/keyboards)
- Glue sticks (at least one of your child's classes will require glue sticks.)
- Colored pencils (at least one of your child's classes will require colored pencils.)