Classroom procedures:In science, the two most important words are RESPECT and RESPONSIBILITY. You are expected to respect the teacher, other classmates, and property. You are expected to be responsible for your own work and your actions. The following class procedures are expected to be followed:1. Be in your seat ready to work when the bell rings, unless you are getting supplies in the room for the day's activities.2. Bring all necessary supplies to class each day.3. Always leave your backpack in your locker.4. All instructions will be followed the first time.5. Talk at appropriate times and at appropriate levels.6. Turn all work in on time.I have one basic rule in class: Respect yourself and others.
*Consequences, detention, and/or time after class or school will be assigned or agreed upon by both the teacher and the student, as needed for behavior that causes a problem for anyone in the class.WHEN YOU WALK INTO THE CLASSROOM:
1. Read the agenda information to see what you need for the day or what you should start to do.
2. Get out all proper supplies: sharpened pencil, homework, etc.
3. Be in your seat by the time the bell rings when possible.
4. Turn in any work requested at the top of the Agenda information board.
5. Complete the bellwork question(s) or assignment when applicable.
6. Put all returned papers in your notebook in the correct section.DURING A LESSON:1. Never talk when the teacher or another student is talking about the subject of the day. Talking is permitted if it pertains to the assignment and if the teacher has given permission to do so.2. Do not ask to throw away trash, sharpen pencils, or to leave the room during the lesson. Those tasks can be completed during student work time. Leaving your seat is only allowed when the investigation requires it or if you have been instructed to do so.3. Participate by raising your hand. Please do not yell out an answer unless asked to do so.4. All members of a group must participate.5. All members of the group will turn in their own assignments.6. Place finished papers in the center of the table for one student to put away or turn in when instructed.7. Do not gather books and begin to leave the room before the teacher has instructed you to do so. The bell does not dismiss you, the teacher does. You will be dismissed when all tables are clean, supplies are put away, all students are in their chairs, and all instructions have been completed.8. Be sure to hand in all assignments on time. Homework turned in the day after it is due may receive half credit or may not be accepted. Some exceptions may be made depending on the assignment and circumstances.9. When you are absent from class for any reason, it is your responsibility, not the teacher's or other students', to check the assignment board for what you missed and to complete the make-up assignments in a reasonable amount of time.Remember, if you have any questions, problems, concerns, or need additional help on assignments, come and talk to me. I am here to help you!! Your success is very important to me!!