- Westmoore High School believes that our primary goal is to prepare our students to be productive and responsible members of our society.
- We acknowledge from the outset that each student has different talents and abilities. Consequently, our efforts to bring about productive and responsible individuals must take these differences into account.
- We encourage the acquisition of academic and vocational skills that will prepare students to transmit the technology of the future. Moreover, we believe that these skills are best acquired through thinking, the management of resources, and the experience of the challenges, fulfillment and joy of learning.
- We encourage responsibility among our students by exposing them to cultural, artistic, and social skills and moral values. We encourage respect for the human and civil rights of others by treating our students with respect and equality.
- Ultimately, we strive to assist the student in the development of an appreciation of one's self and others.
- Students will have the opportunity to develop proficiency in basic academic skills.
- Students will be provided with personal and educational guidance, remedial courses, honors programs and other specialized educational opportunities.
- Students will have the opportunity to explore career choices through personal guidance and vocational, industrial and technological education.
- Students will be afforded the opportunity to develop a positive self-concept and sense of worth.
- Students will be provided with an atmosphere of respect and treated with equality so that they may not only develop a sense of their own worth, but also develop a respect for the human and civil rights of others.
- Students will be offered activities that demonstrate the constructive use of leisure time.
- Students will be afforded an educational experience that will stimulate a desire for lifelong learning.
- Students will be given an opportunity to learn correct methods of research and the exercise of critical thought.
- Students will be given the opportunity to acquire an understanding of and appreciation for the social, cultural, and ethnic experiences.
- The administrators and staff will promote and facilitate opportunities for staff development in order to accomplish these goals.