Class Expectations and Procedures
1. Students are expected to come to class prepared with all of their necessary supplies.
2. Students are to be in their assigned seats and ready to begin starter work when the bell rings.
3. Students are expected to participate in all in class activities and assignments.
4. Students are expected to follow the directions the first time they are given.
5. Students are to remain in their seats and quiet unless you have permission to do otherwise.
6. Students are to respect their classmates and their classroom environment.7. No gum, food, drink, or candy is permitted in the classroom without permission8. Bullying...in any form...will NOT be tolerated and will be dealt with immediately and may result in further consequencesCell Phone PolicyCell phones are NOT allowed...unless I give permission. Cell phones are a privilege and a student is NOT entitled to use their phone in my classroom.*If a student has completed their work, have no book to read and have no other assignments to catch up on...they may raise their hand and ask permission to get on their phones.*IF permission is granted, students may ONLY listen to music along with ear buds or play games...NOTHING ELSE. NO Social Media, NO Texting and NO Photos*If a student does not ask permission or comes into the classroom with their cell phones out or is getting other students involved with their phone...the cell phone will be placed on the teachers desk and given back at the end of the class period.*If the student continues to make mistakes regarding cell phone use, the cell phone will be turned in to the office and student will need to make arrangements to get the phone back with the office.
1. Grades are on a weighted scale
- 60% Daily work
- 30% tests/quizzes
- 10% Semester Test
2. It is your responsibility to obtain any assignments missed in the event of an absence. You will have one day for every day you are absent to turn in your work. If you missed a lab activity, you will need to make arrangements with me.3. If you do not have your assignment to turn in, you will need to complete an excuse sheet explaining why you assignment was not turned in.4. All students will rework missed items on your test. Any item that is missed will be reworked for 1/2 credit.
5. Every three weeks progress reports will be sent home.Grading Scale:90-100 A80-89 B70-79 C60-69 D0-59 FAbsent WorkIt is your responsibility to obtain any assignments missed in the event of an absence. You will have one day for every day you are absent to turn in your work. If you missed a lab activity, you will need to make arrangements with me to make up the lab or complete an alternate assignment.Late WorkAny late work must be turned in before the next week’s grades are posted in order to receive credit.Benchmark ExamsEvery nine weeks you will take a benchmark examination. These exams will cover all of the concepts covered during the nine weeks. This test will be your final for the nine weeks and is worth 10% of your grade.
1. Any student caught copying another student’s assignment or allowing another student to copy his/her work will receive a zero on the assignment.
2. Plagiarism will result in a zero on the assignment.
3. Talking during a test will be considered cheating and the student will receive a zero on the test.
Discipline Policy1st offense = warning2nd offense = detention3rd offense = detention + parent contact4th offense = referral to officeSevere Disruption: Sent immediately to office**teacher’s discretionEveryone has a fresh start each Monday.