PD Points Requirements
Professional Development Requirements
Moore Public Schools Certified Staff
Yearly Requirements for All Certified Employees:
- Bloodborne Pathogens Update – Online Training (This 1/2 point will show on your registration history but not on your transcript): BBP Online Training
- Child Abuse/Neglect – One Point
- ELL Required Point - Online Training: ELL Training
- Section 504 Diabetes Online Training: Title II Diabetes Training
- Bullying Prevention- Online Training: Bullying Prevention Training
- MPS Safety Policies and Procedures- Online Training: Safety Policies & Procedures Training
Other Requirements for Specific Groups:
All certified and licensed teachers and administrators are required to accrue at least seventy-five (75) professional development points within a five (5) year period with at least fifteen (15) points completed each year until the individual has accrued his/her seventy-five (75) points. During any remaining year(s), some points must be completed each year. The five (5) year period for accruing points begins on an individual’s date of employment in an accredited school in Oklahoma. If an individual changes school districts within the five (5) year period, the points accrued are transferred to the receiving district and the five (5) year period continues. In-service receipts should be submitted within the school year they were attended (July 1-June 30).
- ELL Training for New Teachers – One point for all teachers who are new (or returning after a separation) to the district... this is in addition to the ELL Required Point from the ELL online training.
- Gifted/Talented – One point annually for all teachers with AP, Pre-AP, or SEARCH classes
- Hazardous Material Safety Education – One point annually for all secondary science teachers... this is in addition to the required MPS Safety online training.
- Autism Education – One point initially for all resident year teachers of students in grades Pre-K through 3, and at least one point every three years for all certified and support staff who work with students in that grade span.