Classroom ProceduresWe are bucket fillers, not bucket dipper! Read our Behavior Plan for more detailed information..
Beginning of Day:
- Place coats and bags on your hook and lunch boxes in our lunch basket.
- Enter the classroom quietly.
– Be sure all items needed for class are taken to table - make sure you have sharpened pencils.
– Put Homework Folder in the bin.
– Begin Morning Work.Homework Procedures:
– Put homework in Homework Folder to take home.
– Bring home a library book to read at home.
– The next day, place Homework Folder in the bin.Line Procedures - 5S Line:
-Silent-Single File- Straight- Still- Smiling
– Walk on the 2nd big tile on the right hand side of the hallwayBathroom Procedures:
– Go to bathroom and get a drink.
– Students will not be allowed to use the bathroom during classroom instruction, unless there is an emergency.Fire Drill Procedures:
– Line up quietly and quickly into one line at the back door.
– Follow Fire Drill Escape Plan.(We exit our back door towards the playground.)
– No talking once outside.
- Wait for name to be called and answer when your name is called.
– Re-enter building quietly.
– Resume normal class routine.Tornado Drill Procedures:
– Walk quietly to the designated safety spots in our room.– Follow Tornado Drill Escape Plan.
- No talking.
- Listen for any further instructions.
– Return to seat when instructed.
– Resume normal class routine.Computer Procedures:
– One person per computer unless otherwise directed.
– Headphones must be used when using sound.Library Procedures:
– Students may read books in the classroom during silent reading time.
- We will go to the library once a week as a class.
- Two (2) students at a time may go to the library when given teacher permission.
– Students are responsible for their library books.
– Students may check out one (1) library books at a time.Classroom Book Bin Procedures:
– Students may read books in the classroom from the reading area shelf.
– Treat books with respect.
– Keep library area neat and orderly.
– Books may NOT be taken home.End of Day Procedures:
– Retrieve bags, coats, and lunch boxes.
– Pack your Homework Folder, library book, and lunch box in your backpack.
-Line up at the door.- Walkers and Daycare will be dismissed at 3:46.- Car and Bus Riders will be dismissed at 3:51 - Parent may NOT leave cars. Your student will be brought to you.