Moore West Junior High Band Documents
MWJH Band Handbook
- This is the MWJH Band Handbook that applies to all 7th and 8th grade band students. Almost any questions you may have about events, attire, how grades are handled, or what is expected of all band members can be found in our handbook.
Recommended Instrument List
- Low brass and low wind instruments are provided by the school. All others must be purchased and we want to make certain you get a quality instrument that will ensure your child's success in band. The list provided contains many instruments that are guaranteed to be of quality. There are other brands that are acceptable but please check with Mrs. Taylor, Mr. Harrison, or Mr. Smith before purchasing them.
Moore West Practice Records
- The 7th graders should use these practice records to keep track of how much they are practicing each week. They record the amount of time for each day and then put the total for the week at the bottom. We ask that they get a parent/guardian signature to keep them accountable. Practice records are to be turned in at the beginning of each week for a grade. The students should be practicing 20 to 30 minutes a day!
Remind.com Information for 7th Grade
- This link contains the information to help you sign up for reminders through text or email of 7th grade band events, rehearsals or other reminders from Mrs. Taylor.
Remind.com Information for Advanced Band
- This link contains the information to help you sign up for reminders through text or email of Advanced Band events, rehearsals or other reminders from Mrs. Taylor.
Pep Band Music - This link contains the pep band music the 8th graders will need for the football games.