Bryant Elementary SchoolCamp Classen InformationCAMP CLASSEN DATES:2018 - 2018 School YearOctober 22 - 26, 2018Thank you for checking this website for important Camp Classen information. Below you will find general Camp Classen information. This information is not all inclusive and will be updated periodically as more information has been given to me. PDF copies of all camp forms that have been/will be sent home can be found at the bottom of this webpage. Please feel free to print your own copies to get a jump start on this paperwork. I have also added a section at the bottom to add any notes that were sent home in Thursday folders. Please plan to visit this section of my website frequently as we prepare for our Camp Classen trip.If you have any questions please touch base with me. I am here to help.Thank you,Camp Classen DirectorBryant Elementary SchoolSchool: 405-735-4130Cell: 405-778-4031
What is Camp Classen?
The Outdoor School at YMCA CAMP CLASSEN is the most unique program of its kind. It is both easily accessible from main highways and a reasonable distance for many schools in Oklahoma and Texas and covers 2,400 extraordinary acres in the Arbuckle Mountains. The camp’s facilities are designed to accommodate multiple student ages and needs at the same time.Our ecological diversity is a treasure in itself. Between its lakes, mountain tops, streams, fields, and waterfalls - the Eastern forest biome interlaces with that of the Western plains. This diversity and natural beauty make it ideally suited for hands-on, place-based learning. Its facilities are not only tuned to complement and support academic programs, but to promote and encourage leadership, teamwork, value training, trust, self worth and understanding for students.
CAMP CLASSEN's Outdoor School offers outdoor education programs for schools from Oklahoma and Texas. Teachers can take their classes on guided interpretive hikes focusing on geology, ecology, biomes, natural cycles, and fossils. Our place-based education programs include ready for use curriculum for teachers including geology, ecology, adaptation, water, predator prey studies, fresh water labs, fossil labs, orienteering and so much more!
Our Outdoor School empowers teachers to take their classroom outside, allowing them to connect with their students and create memories to last a lifetime. Activities are hands-on and place-based so students are not only learning key concepts, but relating it to very specific events of the real world.
We believe that the teacher is an essential building block in the acquisition of knowledge. It’s their presence within the Outdoor School’s instruction that connect school concepts to life learning to retained knowledge. For this, we provide great facilities with a comprehensive range of curriculum and program support for you and a pricing scale that cannot be matched!
Whether you call it environmental education, experiential education, outdoor education, hands on learning, place-based studies or just camp - our goals are the same:
1. To help you promote the greatest retention of knowledge possible
2. For students to enjoy learning and become lifelong learners
3. To give students concrete examples that apply to classroom learning
4. To promote sustainable responsible stewardship of the environment / to make environmental decisions based on the big picture good of our civilization.
5. To help students value themselves, others, and their environmentWhen will Camp Classen be?2018 - 2019 School YearOctober 22-26, 2018How much is Camp Classen?Tuition for Camp Classen will be $250.00 per student. This price will cover your lodging, meals, activities, and transportation to and from camp for the FULL week. The kids will be fed a total of 12 meals while at camp. We will also provide each student with snacks each day between meals. I know that that this sounds like a large price to pay. However, this price is very comparable to the other schools in our district. We will have fundraising opportunities to help offset the cost. Start saving now! If you put back a little at a time, this can be very manageable. Payments can begin being made immediately. Every dollar paid will be used for Camp Classen.Who will be attending Camp Classen?Bryant Elementary would like to take ALL 5th graders if possible. This will be a great opportunity for your child to relax, yet still learn, and to be with all of their friends. As our students enter 6th grade we want them to grow and mature together before leaving Bryant and starting a new life experience in junior high.Will parent chaperones be needed at camp?Absolutely!! We will need two parents per cabin. This means that we will need anywhere from 12-16 parents to attend camp with us. We have spoken with parents from other schools that have attended and they loved the camp experience just as much as their child. Parent-Counselor tuition will be (TBA). However, parents can participate in the fundraising opportunities to help pay their way to camp. Our goal is to help you as much as possible. We need you there with us!Parent Night Information:Back to School Meeting**Tuesday August 28, 2018 @ 6:30pm in the CafeteriaBack to School Meeting**Thursday August 30, 2018 @ 6:30pm in the Cafeteria**ALL PARENTS MUST ATTEND ONE OF THE BACK TO SCHOOL MEETINGS. PICK THE ONE THAT FITS YOUR SCHEDULE BEST.Camp Timeline:August 28, 2018 @ 6:30 pmCamp Classen/ 5th Grade Parent Meeting**Must attend one of two meetings scheduledBring with you: Child's shot record, Driver's License, Medical Insurance Card, & List of child's medications.August 30, 2018 @ 6:30pmCamp Classen/ 5th Grade Parent Meeting**Must attend one of two meetings scheduledBring with you: Child's shot record, Driver's License, Medical Insurance Card, & List of child's medications.September 14, 2018Student enrollment packet due.**Medication forms can be submited at a later date. See below.September 21, 2018Deadline for Parent Counselor Applications**See Mr. Wood to complete Background Check**Camp Clasen Medication Forms DueThis form must be signed by BOTH the parent & your child's doctorOctober 5, 2018All camp payments due - Make check payable to Bryant Elementary**BLUE or BLACK ink ONLY**October 17, 2018 @ 5:45pmParent Counselor Meeting for parents attending Camp ClassenAll parents attending must attend meetingWill meet in Mr. Wood's classroom (Rm 26)October 21, 2018Luggage drop off in the Bryant Gym from 2pm-5pmOctober 22-26, 2018Students gone to Camp Classen*Students will need to arrive at school in the Gym between 9:00am and 9:15amCAMP FORMS:**Click links below to load forms**All forms below will need to be fully completed and returned on time before your child can attend Camp Classen.**This is the enrollment form for your child to attend Camp Classen**Enrollment form due by Friday September 15, 2017**If your child takes a daily medication this form will need to be sign by BOTH you and your child's doctor.**Medication must be in the original container WITH the correct label**Medication will need to be dropped off & picked up by the parent**Any parent interested in attending camp will need to complete this.**Background Check's will need to be completed on or near October 1st.**Background Check fee will be paid by school**Failed Background Checks will result in $25 fee**Any parent interested in attending camp will need to complete this.**Background Check's will need to be completed on or near October 1st.**Background Check fee will be paid by school**Failed Background Checks will result in $25 feeStudent Packing List (updated 10/9/2017)**Try to use what you have already.**Items do not have to be new, borrow from family and friends.Release & Waiver Agreement for the YMCA**Every camp participant (student or parent) must complete agreement**Parent/Guardian Signature & Student signature must be completeNotes sent home with students: