Hours of Operation:
Borrowing and Returning Items:
- The library is open from 7:15 AM until 2:30 PM.
- The library is opened during most lunches, before school, and after school.
- During the school day students may come to the library with a pass from their teacher.
- Students need a pass when not with a teacher. This includes class time, before school and during lunch.
- Students may check out and return books during the times that we are open.
- There is an additional book drop located in the 700 building, and another across the hall from the school's main office.
- Books may be checked out 2 books at a time, for a period of 2 weeks.
- When books are due, students need to renew the book or return the book to one of the library book drops.
may renew a book one time and may do so without having the book with them.
are responsible for turning the book back in on time.
- There is a 10-cent-per-day fine on all overdue items.
privileges are revoked until the book is returned and the fine has been
- The replacement price must be paid for any book that is not returned or that is damaged.
- Students are encouraged to become "Responsible Readers."
Jr. High students have a wide range of interests and reading levels. When a student checks out a book, we want
them to get a book that meets their approval, as well as their parent's
- Due to the wide range of our students, many types of books are purchased. Our fiction books range from easy reading to Young Adult books.
- If a student feels that the book is not appropriate for them, they should return the book and find another.
- Library personnel are always willing to help students locate a book to their liking.
- The library may be used for finding books, researching through books or on the computer, working on assignments, reading, or purchasing supplies.
- Be respectful at all times. Respect others and also all library property.
- Students are encouraged to talk softly and have a seat if they are not looking for a book. Making excessive noise or disruptions may result in being asked to leave the library.
- The library computers are for school related work. All work on the computers must be school appropriate.
- Please be responsible when printing. Students should use "cut" and "paste" to keep printing to a minimum.
- Click "print" only once. If the item does not print the first time, please ask for assistance.
- Students are encouraged to purchase supplies such as pencils, erasers, folders, poster board and paper in the library.