Internet Based InstructionMust see your counselor to apply!
MOORE PUBLIC SCHOOLS2018 SUMMER SCHOOLInformation for Internet Based InstructionGrades 7-12
PHILOSOPHY: Summer school is an extended opportunity to learn. Student success will depend on a collaborative effort between students, parents, teachers and administration.
LOCATION: Southmoore High School; 2901 S. Santa Fe Ave. Moore, Ok (ENROLLMENT ONLY)
TELEPHONE: 735-4647 Hart Brown or Pat Sears
ENROLLMENT INFORMATION:Initially one course per student - 1st or 2nd semester course availableSecond course available for Seniors Only on individual basis if core course and electiveneeded with recommendation of counselor.
Open enrollment all grades will be Tuesday, May 29th from 3:00pm – 6:00pm & Wednesday, May 30th from 7:30 am –11:30 am.
Enrollment will be accepted until Thursday, June 1, 2018 if space available.Coursework must be completed by June 24, 2018, final testing by, June 27, 2018.* 7th & 8th graders only accepted on internet if they need a 3rd class.* Student MUST meet with internet teacher and plan for a 30 min. session at time of enrollment.* Testing at VISTA Academey from 9:00am-2:30pm as lessons are completed; more information provided by instructor.No evening testing hours.
COST: Cash or Credit Card
$165.00 per class for residents of Moore Public Schools.*credit card payment: My Payment Plus from MPS website/quick links*
$200.00 per class for out of district Must pay in cash only in person.
(NO FREE OR REDUCED RATES)
WHAT IS NEEDED IN ORDER TO ENROLL?
1. Student and parent or Guardian MUST be present at enrollment unless student is 18 years old.
2. Student MUST have a letter or form indicating the course and semester needed for summer school signed by counselor. Contact information will be filled out at time of enrollment.
3. Student work at home or anywhere you can get Wifi –Student responsible for contacting instructor to take final tests at Alternative Education Building (VISTA Academy) 224 SE 4th, enter door #3 on East side of builing.
4. Payable by cash, money order or credit card online MPS website/quick links
A. Payment must be made in full. NO PARTIAL PAYMENTS.
B. No refunds or withdrawals after Tuesday, June 5, 2018 Student will receive an “F” if course work and final testing is not completed.
5. All Final Grades will be posted to the transcripts June 28, 2018.