What are P R O C E D U R E S?
Procedures are what we expect our students to DO.
We have a procedure in place for everything so our students can be successful this year.
5th Grade Procedures
When students arrive, they are to:
- Fill out their agenda
- Bring their agenda to me to be signed
- Get started on morning work in their morning work notebooks
- Pack up and be ready to switch
Students must remain in their seats during this time.
End of the Day
- Put all materials away that are on the desks (if we used any that day).
- Stack the chairs.
- Clean up the floor. We need to take care of our classroom.
- Put trash cans in the hallway.
- Wait to be dismissed. The bell does not dismiss them.
- Line up in order.
- When lining up, do it silently.
- When we are switching classes, there is no talking in the hallways.
- When we are walking down to lunch, there is no talking in the hallways
- When we are lining up for recess, they are 30 seconds to get in their correct line.
- Students must sharpen pencils at the beginning of class. After that, the sharpener may not be used.
- There are pre-sharpened pencils for them just in case their pencil breaks.
- If their pencil breaks, there is a dull bucket they deposit their pencil into and they pick up a sharp one.
- Library privileges are only given after all work is complete.
- Computers can only be used with teacher's permission.
- All sites or apps must be school appropriate and approved by a teacher.
- BYOD- Only after asking a teacher's permission and at the correct time.
- Your student is responsible for asking for their absent work.
- I have 109 students. It is nearly impossible for me to keep track of everyone.
- 1 day late = 10 points off.
- 2 days late = 20 points off.
- After the 3rd day, the student will be expected to complete the assignment at recess. Grades for the assignment will be given at teacher's discretion.
- Late projects and/or essays will be graded and accepted at teacher discretion.
- I have two classroom iPads that students are able to use for AR tests, Prodigy, researching, or other classroom purproses.
- Students are to treat these iPads as if they are their own personal iPads.
- Any misuse of the iPads will result in student not being able to use them.
- We have scheduled bathroom breaks throughout our day.
- All other bathroom trips will be a teacher discretion.
- If another teacher, adult, or student enters the room, students are to be silent.
- During drills/emergencies, students are to be silent.