Spelling Activities List
1. Spelling Word Scrabble-Play Scrabble and try to spell out the spelling words.
2. Spelling Word Play-doh-Spell out the spelling words by rolling out play-doh.
3. Spelling Word Hangman-Try to guess how to correctly spell the spelling words.
4. Spelling with Friends-Within your group spell out the spelling words by having each member say a letter then the next person says the next letter. If a word is misspelled the group must start the word again.
5. Color Words-When writing a list of words, write vowels in color and consonants in another color.
6. Rainbow Words-Write each word once in your best handwriting with pencil. Trace over it with a colored pencil. Then trace over it with a 2nd colored pencil.
7. Silly Sentences-Write 10 silly sentences using 2 spelling words in each sentence.
8. Word Magic-using your 20 spelling words, write the word once, then write it a 2nd time without the first letter, then write it without the first two letters. Repeat until the whole word disappears! Example: spell, _pell, __ell, ___ll, ____l, ____
9. Shortest to Longest-Count the number of letters in each word. Then write the words in order from shortest to longest.
10. ABC Order-Write your spelling words in alphabetical order.
Variation: Write your spelling words in reverse alphabetical order.
11. Picture words-Write your spelling words and create a picture with them. Be sure to label the pictures that match your spelling words.
12. Words in Words-Write your spelling words, then write as many words as you can discover from that word.
13. Pyramid Words-Write the first letter of the spelling word. Write the first 2 letters of the word below it. Then write the next 3 letters, etc.