ELEMENTARY ATTENDANCE POLICY
Oklahoma State Law requres school officials to keep attendance records and report excessive absences to the District Attorney's office. Ten (10) unexcused absences within a semester constitutes excessive and thereby may be reported to the District Attorney's office. Two (2) tardies constitutes one absence. A tardy is defined as a student not being in the classroom when the last bell has stopped ringing.
Criteria for excused absences:
1. Any medical treatment that is substantiated by a physician's written statement (The physician statement must be submitted to the school within 5 days of the student's return and is subject to verification by a school official).
2. 48 hours to treat and clear head lice with appropriate medical documentation upon return to school.
3. Any event that is approved as a school activity.
4. A court subpoena.
5. Religious holidays or activities.
6. Bereavement (documentation may need to be presented).
Family vacations are not exempted and such absences will count toward the maximum absences allowed within the semester.
The elementary school attendance policy falls under the umbrella of the general attendance policy, therefore continual attendance violations could result in a student receiving a failing grade for that grading period.This page is maintained by: Webmaster