Moore Public SchoolsElementary Attendance PolicyOklahoma State law requires school officials to keep attendance records and report excessive absences to the District Attorney's office. Ten (10) unexcused absences within a semester constitutes excessive and thereby may be reported to the District Attorney's office. Two (2) tardies constitutes one absence. A tardy is defined as a student not being in the classroom when the last bell has stopped ringing.Criteria for excused absences:
Family vacations are not exempted and such absences will count toward the maximum absences allowed within the semester.**The elementary school attendance policy falls under the umbrella of the general attendance policy, therefore continual attendance violations could result in a student receiving a failing grade for that grading period.**
- Any medical treatment that is substantiated by a physician's written statement. (The physician's statement must be submitted to the school within five (5) days of the student's return and is subject to verification by a school official).
- Forty-eight (48) hours to treat and clear head lice with appropriate medical documentation upon return to school.
- Any event that is approved as a school activity.
- A court subpoena.
- Religious holidays or activities.
- Bereavement (documentation may need to be presented).
This page is maintained by the Webmaster.Last updated on 2/09/2014.