Saturday School will be held this Saturday, March 9 from 8:00 AM to 9:30 AM. This is an opportunity for students to make up missing assignments. This will be the final opportunity for students to complete missing work from the 3rd quarter.
- Students must bring all necessary supplies with them. They will not able to access the main buildings where lockers are located.
- Students must arrive at 8 am and stay the entire session for work to be accepted. They are not allowed to drop off work and leave. All work is collected at the end of the session.
- Work that is collected is considered late. The amound of credit given is at the teacher's discretion.
- It is the student’s responsibility to loccate assignments by searching their locker or binder for the original work. Providing replacement work is at the teacher's discretion.
- It is not beneficial to attempt to complete 20 hours of assignments in 1.5 hours of school time. If there are multiple assignments, complete them ahead of time. Use Satruday School time to ask for assistance on things you don’t understand.
- Bring a book to read when your work is complete.
- If you are removed due to behavior, your work will not be accepted.
Parent-Teacher Conferences will be held Thursday, March 14 from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM and Friday, March 15 from 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM. Parents can make appointments here.
CONGRATULATIONS to 8th graders Audrey Andrews, Allyson McDougal, and David Michael Wall, winners for Middle School Personal Narrative in the Oklahoma Writing Project Competition!
CONGRATULATIONS to 8th grader Kaytlyn Hall, winner of the local Patriot's Pen Essay Contest!
Emergency Contact Update Parents/Guardians: The beginning of a new semester is a great time to make sure all phone numbers and emergency contacts on your student's summary page are up to date. Please remember that in case of an emergency, students may only be released to someone listed on their summary page. Contact Kelly Smith in the counselors' office at 735-4562 for more information.
CONGRATULATIONS to David Corbett, CJH Teacher of the Year!
CONGRATULATIONS to Shelly Mckinley, CJH Support Person of the Year!
Supplies for 2018-19
We are welcoming several new teachers to CJH this fall, so we will not be providing a single formal supply list at this time. Individual class lists will be provided by teachers on the first day of school. For those of you who would like to take advantage of early sales, here are items that have been requested for core classes in the past.
The only item that all CJH students will need this year is a 13-section accordion file. This will be used as an organizational tool for all classes.
- Composition notebooks (Most CJH teachers prefer 100-page composition notebooks to spiral notebooks. For core classes last year, 7th graders needed 6 and 8th graders needed 5. Right now they can be purchased at office supply stores for 25-50 cents each.)
- Pencils (lots and lots...buy them now while they're cheap!)
- Notebook paper
- Disinfectant wipes (for desks/tables/keyboards)
- Glue sticks (at least one of your child's classes will require glue sticks.)
- Colored pencils (at least one of your child's classes will require colored pencils.)