Election Information:If you are interested in running for a Student Council or Class Officer position for the 2018-2019 school year, you need to be aware of the following information. You will not become an official candidate for office until you complete the online application linked below.Election Timeline:
- Informational meetings will be provided. You are STRONGLY encouraged to attend the meeting(s) for the offices you are interested in running so that you can ask an questions and to have the most up-to-date information on the election.
- Student Council Informational meeting: Wednesday, March 7th at 7:50. Meeting in Mrs. Lehew's room, S208
- Class Officer Informational meetings: Tuesday, March 6th at 3:15 PM, or Wednesday, March 7th at 7:50 AM. Meeting in Mr. Hanneman's room, S205
- Online Application (linked below) must be submitted by Friday, March 9th at MIDNIGHT. The application program will automatically close at MIDNIGHT. Email Mrs. Lehew immediately if you encounter a problem.
- Posters (one "platform" and up to four others) due before beginning of First Hour on Monday, March 12th in Mrs. Lehew's room, S208 (In the event that you cannot run due to GPA, you will be notified over the weekend.)
- A video complied of the speeches from each candidate will be shown to all classes with current Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors during 2nd Hour on Wednesday, March 14th.
- Candidate video recording will take place based on the following schedule:
Sophomores 7:30 AM, March 12th, S208 Juniors 7:30 AM, March 12th, S208 Seniors 7:30 AM, March 12th, S208 Student Council 7:30 AM, March 13th, S208
- VOTING: Voting will take place solely online. The link (on the Southmoore home page) will be active starting at 11:30 AM on Wednesday, March 14th. The link will be active until 3:30 on Thursday, March 15th.
- Results will be posted on the "Student Council" section of the Southmoore website by 4:30 pm on Thursday, March 15th.
If for any reason you believe there is a problem with your application submission, you must Email Mrs. Lehew immediately. Any applications (or e-mail "problem" reports) not submitted by Midnight on March 9th will not be considered.
- Election Guidelines (all candidates, STUCO or Class Officer, should read)
- Student Council Constitution and By-Laws (read both if running for a STUCO position)
- Class Officer By-Laws (read if running for a Class Officer position)