Welcome to WHS Youth and Government
1) Register for district conference.
Deadline for $40 member dues is October 11. After deadline, late registration is $50.
the permission form online at the same time!
2) Make payments to Mrs. Baker, room 121.
3) Next meeting is Wednesday, October 11, Room 121. Bring Your Own Sandwich/Salad. Drinks, chips, and cookies will be provided.
Second October meeting is Wed, Oct 25. Pizza and drinks provdided. We will be planning a Christmas social!
4) You must register for District Conference online in order to attend! Those who do not attend District may only attend State as a Youth Commission
delegate. There are 2 dates, so you chose which Saturday best fits your schedule and register for that session now!!!
At Oct 11 Meeting, we will be discussing:
A) Vote on our Safe Trick or Treat Theme.
B) Vote on a T-shirt design for the fundraiser and club shirt.
C) Submit your Bill online at the YAG website by end of day Oct 11.
D) Club must nominate a Leg member to serve on the Election Committee at State.
E) Volunteer sign up for Safe Trick or Treat Night.
F) Divide up potential member names for personal contact by a current member.
DO NOT FORGET TO GET PARENT SIGNATURES!!!!!!
Friendly Reminder: All members' Code of Conduct/Permission Slip Form must be turned in to Ms. Baker by Wednesday, Nov 1 in order to reserve a place at the State Conference and Participate in the District Competition. Make sure your parents read the form and sign both sides of it before you turn it in. One of the advisors will endorse it when it is properly completed
This year the form is available online at the Okymca website and can be completed there or you can pick up a printed copy in room 121, Ms. Baker's room.
To enhance the development of the American democratic process by enabling young Americans to prepare for moral and political leadership by providing guidance, training, and experience in the theory and practice of determining public policy;
- To provide leadership training to meet the needs of a democratic society;
- To provide an understanding and awareness of modern government;
- To provide opportunities for participation in the legislative process;
- To provide opportunities to become significantly involved in social issues;
- To develop self confidence and self expression;
- To provide opportunities to gain experience in political action;
- To sponsor an inter-association event and laboratory training on the democratic process of our country attractive to high school youth;
- To increase the ability of members to organize ideas clearly, concisely, and persuasively along with giving individuals experience in the art of speech making and debate;
- To enable the individual to learn to take defeat without discouragement as well as to learn to be tolerant of others’ points of view.