Step 1: Student is provided written/verbal guidelines for classroom conduct.
Step 2: Verbal warning of violation or written behavior notice issued.
Step 3: Written behavior notice issued. Possible detention assignment. Parent notified if necessary.
Step 4: Written behavior notice issued. Possible detention assignment. Parent notified if necessary.
Step 5: Written behavior notice issued. Possible detention assignment. Referral to counselor or principal if necessary.
Step 6: Referral to Site-Principal.
*Some violations may require step 6 be implemented immediately.
Behavior Guidelines for Students
Student should observe the following while in the classroom:
* Be in assigned seat when tardy bell sounds.
* Have in their possession the assigned textbook for the course.
* Have in their possession all materials required to be productive.
* Have in their possession "their" coursework portfolio.
* Remain silent when peers and/or the instructor has been yielded the
floor for discussion and the delivery of instructions for lessons, etc...
* Not throw or toss any object(s) while in the classroom.
* Not deface, cut, chip, etc., any classroom furniture, walls, windows, etc...
* Respect the personal property of their peers, the instructor and MPS.
* Place all items designated as trash in the appropriate container before exiting.
* Refrain from the use of inappropriate language while in the classroom.
* Refrain from writing, reading and passing personal notes during classtime.
* Have an understanding that all MPS and Brink building policies apply while
in the classroom.
* Refrain from using a cell phone while in the classroom unless approved by instructor.
* Refrain from using unapproved electronics while in the classroom.
* VIDEO AND PHOTOGRAPHY are not allowed in the classroom unless approved by instructor.
* Have an understanding that a "Necessary and Proper" clause does exist for
the classroom to operate in a positive direction.....