5 Pillars of a Bobcat Coach:
- Lead by example.
- Every player deserves your time and attention.
- No player is above the team. Team rules are the foundation of your success.
- The 5 pillars of a Bobcat and the mission statement is an invaluable tool. Use it!
- Be an invaluable teammate for Brink.
Program Foundation To Do List:
- Create a misssion statement for your program.
- Create your plan to introduce the "5 Pillars of a Bobcat" to your players. They must understand our expectations and our foundation.
- Create a plan to use the "5 Pillars" in your everyday activities and motivational talks. They must be used to become our foundation.
- Come up with creative ideas to show off and communicate the "5 Pillars" in your facilities.
- Buy in and believe. Walk the walk, not talk the talk. If our student athletes don't believe you, they won't buy in themselves.
- Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries: Talk to the Athletic Facilitator regarding this course
- Care and Prevention must be renewed every three years per OSSAA. Westmoore has decided to have all coaches renew Care and Prevention every two years (Even Years).
- Fundamentals of Coaching: Taken your first year of coaching.
The Following Courses MUST be taken Yearly:
- Concussion in Sports
- Heat Illness
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- ASCCA Spirit Safety Course - Cheer Coaches Only
NFHS Learning Center Website: NFHS Learn
NFHS Traning Course Instructions: NFHS Training Courses