Westmoore Junior High Volleyball
"WE over me"
One Mission, One Family, ONEVolleyball info for 2020/2021 seasonIf your child would like to particpate in Volleyball for the Westmoore JH team (Moore West & Brink combined):Step 1: Join the Remind account for your grade level. You must use the actual app so that you can see previous announcements as well as attachments that will be sent out. Codes are below.Step 2: Send a message to the head coach through Remind with your full name and your child's full name.Step 3: Complete Rank One forms then send a message to the head coach through Remind letting them know it is complete so that she can be added to the volleyball roster.Step 4: Print out the two sided physical form and take it to your doctor or a clinic to get an updated physical. Must be completed after May of the season you will play. Must be dated and signed before turning in.Step 5: Scan and email the physical to email@example.com. It must be approved by her and put in the system before an athlete may attend any practices. Your physical gets put in based on the order it was turned in and approved. If you didn't sign it or it's out of date then you must resubmit and that physical goes to the back of the line. There are several sports and a lot of athletes so do not wait until the week before practices start to get this done or you will more than likely be missing the first days or week of practices.You can pull up your rank account to check the staus of your Rank One forms and physical. Do not ask the coach to check for you. This is your responsibility. We will have a list during check in of those clear (green) in Rank One and those are the only athletes that can stay at practice. You must be enrolled and have your school ID # to begin Rank One forms. If you have Rank One issues after trying troubleshooting on your own, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with exactly what is happening when you try to log in.Step 6: Turn on Remind notifications and stay up to date with the most current requirements, dates, times, procedures, changes, etc.
*2020 School Practices and home games will be held at Moore West Junior High*
Aug 28th is 7th and 8th tournament at MooreAdditional Volleyball Information
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Practices start July 21st - 2:30 – 4:00 8th grade and 4:30-6:00 7th grade. Always let us know ahead of time when you will be missing practice. *practice times are subject to change; you will be notified via remind.
- 7th grade will go home after school then meet at West no earlier than 4:20 and no later than 4:30. 8th will practice at West right after school lets out (2:30). Players must be picked up from practice on time in order to participate. 7th: 6:00 8th: 4:00
- Connect to the middle school remind by texting 81010 with @whsjh7 for 7th grade and @8wvb for 8th
- Check the junior high website or email us for all questions.
- Are there tryouts? Every student will practice and continue to learn throughout the season. Removal from the team will be due to violation of a team, school, district, or state rule.
- How much will I play? Playing time will be determined at the coaches' discretion, based on what’s best for the team.
- How will the coaches determine which team I make? Many factors determine a student's placement: skill level, attitude, effort, attendance, leadership, team chemistry among others.
- Why do some kids play more than others? Please see questions 2 and 3.
- How many kids will make each team? Approximately 9 kids will be placed on each team (7A, 7B, 8A, 8B)
- Can I choose my position? You may be asked to play a position other than the one you are playing outside of school, depending on team needs.
- Does it cost anything to play? Students will need to provide their own shoes, socks, knee pads, and shorts. Jerseys will be issued and returned at the end of the season.
- Is there a bus to away games? Students are required to ride to away games on the bus but may be checked out from the game by a parent or legal guardian. Students are not permitted to be checked out by a nonparent/non-guardian.
- What if I'm ineligible? Eligibility is determined by OSSAA and Moore District rules. Students determined to be ineligible will retain the opportunity to practice but will not participate in competitions.
- What do I have to do to participate and join? Receive a physical after May 1st, complete all necessary forms on the rankone website, maintain school grades, attendance, and behavior.
- Can parents and other students watch practices? All practices are closed and students not involved in volleyball cannot hang out in the gym or participate in any way for liability reasons.