I’ve compiled some information here that will help your child be successful in Spanish this year.
- I encourage at least 15-30 minutes of studying/working each night. This is whether they have homework to finish or not! Reviewing chapter vocabulary or grammar points daily is essential!
- The use of “foldables” or 3x5 cards for reviewing can be helpful! (Ex. Put the Spanish word on one side and the English on the other) This is a great way to review and study, and it’s also handy to carry around.
- Encourage the practice of Spanish at home! Have your child teach you some terms and expressions. This can be fun, and also helps your child retain the information.
- When possible, utilize the on-line practice sites listed on the Pearson Prentice Hall website. This can also be accessed by visiting my school site at www.mooreschools.com (Find “Southmoore” and then find my name listed under “School Staff”).
- Duolingo is a fun language App that can be beneficial in gaining proficiency in Spanish! Try it out!
- Information such as grading and course description can be found in the course syllabus either on my website or in your child’s Spanish folder.
- Keep up with your child’s progress via parent portal or progress reports. Email me if you have any questions or concerns!