Spelling Activities List
- Color Words – When writing list of words, write vowels in one color and consonants with another color.
- Rainbow Words – Write each word once in your best writing. Trace over it in another color. Trace over it with a 3rd color.
- Silly Sentences – Write 10 silly sentences using 2 spelling words in each sentence.
- Work Magic – Using your 10 spelling words, write the word once, then write it a 2nd time without the first letter, then write it without the first two letters. Repeat until the whole word disappears! Example: spell, -pell, --ell, ---ll, ----l
- Shortest to Longest – Count the # of letters in each word. Then write the words in order from shortest to longest.
- ABC Order – Write your spelling words in alphabetical order. Variation: Write in reverse ABC order.
- Picture Words – Write your spelling words and create a picture with them. Be sure to label the pictures that match your spelling words.
- Words in Words – Write your spelling words, then write as many words as you can discover from that word.
- Ransom Words – Write your spelling words by cutting out the letters from a newspaper or magazine and cluing them to a piece of paper.
- Telephone Words – Write each spelling word, then translate each into numbers from a telephone keypad. Example: SPELL – 77355
- Pyramid Words – Write the first letter of the spelling word. Write the first 2 letters of the word below it. Then write the first three letters below that, etc.