VISTA Academy High SchoolApplication Process
- Student/Parent or Guardian must make an appointment to see regular school counselor to obtain application for VISTA Academy. Fill out application and return to counselor.
- Counselor obtains signatures and any information that needs to be attached to the application, then counselor sends application to VISTA Academy.
- VISTA contacts parent to have student come in and take the TABE test.
- Once student has passed with adequate tests scores (8th grade reading and math) the parent is contacted to set up an interview appointment if there is space available. If no space is available student will be placed on a waiting list. All interviews are done with the teachers and it is required that the student and the parent/guardian both attend. VISTA is a program that requires a contract between the parent, student and the school. Both student and parent/guardian must be present to sign contract. Even if students are 18 or older we do require a parent/guardian contact for all absences and for students to check out of school.
- Acceptance or denial is determined after interview.