Hello, my name is Laura Scalf and I am the Counselor at South Lake Elementary.
I am very happy to be here and I look forward to meeting the students and families.
My goal is to assist you in helping your child be successful academically, emotionally, and socially. To help meet that goal, the following counseling programs are available for your child:
- Classroom guidance lessons dealing with topics such as bullying, goal-setting, decision-making, safety/drug/alcohol tobacco abuse, social skills, and more
- Small group counseling for students dealing with challenging issues
- Individual counseling on a short-term basis
- Information about tutoring or alternative programs
- Testing information
Students who would like to see the Counselor can do so by:
- Having a parent call and request counseling services
- Asking their teacher to write a referral
- Writing me a note or stopping by my room to request counseling
If I can be of any assistance, please call me at 405-735-4660 or email me. I hope that you and your family have a wonderful school year.