Class Information and Expectations
I am available before school at 8:00 and most afternoons until 3:30. If at any time you feel that you need extra help or to do make-up work, you may work in the classroom before or after school. I may be reached by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grades will be calculated based on daily assignments (assignments and projects), tests/quizzes, and semester tests.
It is understood that cheating (by means of accessing another student’s folder for copying/printing files or any other copying whether by computer or paper) will not be tolerated and all students involved will receive a zero on such an incident. Students are expected to do their own work at all times.
Make-up work – If absent from class, it is the student’s responsibility to obtain all missed assignments as well as plan to make up any tests or quizzes. District policy will be followed for acceptance of make-up work – see student handbook for details!
1 box Kleenex
Moore Public Schools Internet-Electronic Network Acceptable Usage Policy will apply at all times. (Board Policy 2260 – see student handbook).
Students will be expected to take care of all computer equipment. Students will use computers appropriately at all times. This includes the use of both the hardware and the software. Students should not at any time attempt entry to system files or any files that are not being used by the class. Students should not “explore” files or make any changes to system settings. This includes but is not limited to screen savers, icons, installing VPNs, and program settings.
Cell phones – Possession and use of a cell phone must fall within these guidelines:
- Must be on silent at all times during the class period.
- Should be used as a tool for learning and not disrupt the learning environment. NO TEXTING OR PHONE CALLS at any time during the class period.
- The teacher has the authority to allow or ban cell phone use during the class period.
Any student who chooses to misuse or disregard district and classroom policies and fails to follow appropriate classroom procedures will be dealt with immediately. Parents will be notified and disciplinary action will be taken which may include detention, in-school suspension, out-of-school suspension, revocation of network and computer access privileges, and/or removal from the computer class.
- You are responsible for all material in your student handbook. The student handbook is accessible on the Westmoore home page.
- The use of cell phones is a privilege, not a right. Use your cell phone responsibly.
- Student IDs must be worn properly. NO ID, NO COMPUTER! That means it must be around your neck!
- ID must be on to leave the room.
- Be to class on time!
- There is absolutely no food or candy allowed in the classroom. Bottled water allowed – only at your desk, not at your computer!
- The bell will dismiss you from class – do not line up at the door.