Know how to use the following equations:
What are simple machines?
What are the six types of simple machines?
What are compound machines?
How many classes of levers are there?
What do ramps do?
What is the difference between mechanical and nonmechanical energy?
What is kinetic energy?
What is potential energy?
What is a machine?
What are the units of power?
What does gravitational potential energy depend on?
- Momentum equation
- When would momentum be zero?
- Balanced vs unbalanced forces
- Weight equation and definition
- Units of measure for acceleration, momentum, and force
- Newton’s Laws
- Force equation
- Gravitational force
- What will affect gravity
- Free-fall acceleration
- Weight equation
- Projectile motion
- Reaction vs action forces
Electrical Energy Study Guide
This is a study guide, NOT an assignment. It is your choice to use it. To prepare for the test over electrical energy it will be in your best interest to be familiar with the following:
- The effects of magnetic poles on other magnetic poles.
- What is a way to determine a magnetic field?
- What makes magnetic fields?
- What does a transformer do?
- The locations of the magnetic and geographic poles.
- The difference between electric motors and generators.
- Joule’s Law for electrical power P = V x I
- Ohm’s Law for voltage V= I x R
- What is a magnetic field?
- Earth’s magnetic field lines
- The difference between a solenoid and an electromagnet.
- The two types of transformers (not Autobots and Decepticons)
- The difference between series and parallel circuits