Kayla Foster, School Counselor
This is my first year as the school counselor at Winding Creek. I am very excited to get to work with all of the students, parents, and staff. I graduated from the University of Oklahoma with a Master’s in Social Work in 2018. Since then, I have been working as a mental health counselor providing individual therapy and small counseling groups with in many of the schools in Moore. My husband, Tanner, and I just got married in June after dating for over 9 years (crazy right)! We enjoy going to Crossfit, watching netflix marathons, and loving our wonderful little old fur baby named Shea, who is a 12 year old Jack Russel.
As school counselor at Winding Creek my goal is to focus on the mental health needs students are facing and issues related to the stages of a student’s growth in areas of academic, career, personal, emotional, and social development.
To help meet that goal, the following counseling services are available:
- Classroom guidance lessons
- Assistance in crisis situations.
- Work in partnership with other school professionals to help students achieve success.
- Act as a consultant and referral source between school, parents, and community.
- Help in the process of admitting and orientating new students to Winding Creek.
- Testing Information/Interpretation.
- Small Group and Individual Guidance.
I look forward to a great year!