4th Grade Classroom Expectations:
- We will value one another as unique and special individuals.
- We will not laugh at or make fun of a person’s mistakes nor use sarcasm or putdowns.
- We will use good manners, saying “please,” “thank you,” and “excuse me” and allow others to go first.
- We will cheer each other to success.
- We will help one another whenever possible.
- We will recognize every effort and applaud it.
- We will encourage each other to do our best.
- We will practice virtuous living, using the Life Principles.
- If you cause a problem, I will ask you to solve it.
- If you can’t solve a problem, or choose not to, I will assist you.
- The solution will depend on the individual and the situation. All consequences are logical repercussions that stem specifically from the misbehavior.
- If you have concerns about the situation, please meet with me so we can schedule an appointment to talk.
- If you cause a severe disruption, you will be sent immediately to the principal.
Fourth Grade Information
Most assignments will be due the following day. Late work will receive a 10% point deduction from the earned grade. Late work will not be accepted after one week and a 0 will be recorded for that assignment. Class time is provided for working on most assignments.
We feel your child’s progress is too important and confidential to be discussed without scheduling adequate time. If there are any concerns about your child, please contact us for a conference.
Please notify the office if your child is absent. Some work can be made up at home; however, it may be necessary to complete some upon returning to school. Absentee assignment forms are available from home room teacher when student returns.
Each day we will write all assignments on the board, and allow adequate time for students to copy the information into the agenda. We will check agendas, reminding the students to take them home DAILY. We will write notes to parents in the note section if it is necessary.
It is the responsibility of the students to keep the agendas up to date, take them home daily, and bring them back signed. Students are to collect necessary materials and supplies to take home for homework. Portfolios should be maintained in good condition, and replaced if lost or damaged. Please notify the homeroom teacher if your child is not bringing their portfolio and agenda home daily. Parents should insist that the agenda be filled out legibly! Please remember: this agenda is a tool to help your child organize materials and assignments. When you sign the agenda, you are letting us know you have looked at it, checked for notes from the teachers, and encouraged your child to keep a neat agenda which can be read easily.
Please check in with the office to sign up for Parent Portal. This is a great way for parents to check your child’s grades and/or missing assignments. Grades are updated regularly.
Students will need to read 20-30 minutes every evening. Students will also need to practice math facts often. In addition, anything a student does not complete in class will be assigned as homework unless otherwise noted.
Working together will be the key to your child’s success. Thank you for your support and interest.