Weekly Words (Vocab#6-B)
Students will have a test weekly- on either spelling or vocabulary words.
This week's words are vocab.
Test is on Wednesday, February 26th
1.advancements: improvements that move an idea ahead
New advancements in technology have made cell phones even better.
2.characteristics: qualities help identify a person or thing
Thorns are one characteristic of roses.
- disagree: to have a different opinion
My friend and I disagree on what to watch.
- prevalent: commonly used, widespread
Tornadoes are prevalent in the spring.
- agriculture: the science and business of raising crops and farm animals
Agriculture is an important part of Oklahoma culture.
- concerns: a worried interest in something
I shared my concerns about the new schedule.
- inherit: to receive from ones parent
I inherited my blonde hair from my mom.
- resistance: the act of fighting against something
Vitamins help with resistance to illness.