TO RECEIVE INFORMATION FROM THE COUNSELING CENTER:
Like our Facebook page: Moore High School Counselors
Follow us on the MHS Senior Twitter: @MooreHSSeniors
You can also click on the link provided: MHS Counseling Center
* What can you do to make sure you graduate in May of 2023?
* Study, attend class, and keep your grades up!
Life after High School:
A) Moore Norman Technology Center: Apply online now at www.mntc.edu
B) Military: Contact a military recruiter
C) Work: Complete your job application! Paper applications should be done in ink and neatly written.
D) Undecided: Schedule a visit with the Career Counselor, Ms. Baldwin. Sign-up outside Room 658.
2. Apply to College - the earlier the better!
3. Transcripts - go to link and follow directions: Registrar and Transcripts
4. Letters of Recommendation - Please provide your recommender with a resume and/or the Letter of Recommendation Information sheet, located on the MHS counselor page. Look under scholarship and college information. (Upon recommender receipt - allow at least 2 weeks for the letter of recommendation to be composed.)
5. File/Apply for FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) - application opens October 1
A. Create an FSA ID - visit FAFSA (Now!)
B. Complete the FAFSA application: go to FAFSA beginning October 1 (may use previous year tax return information)
7. Search and Apply for Scholarships - Access Scholarships online:
A. Go to Moore High School Web Page
B. Find and Click on - "Scholarship and College Information"
1. Click "Scholarship Banks" - Hundreds of online scholarships may be found at the websites listed. Check them out!
2. Click "Moore Public School District Scholarship Site"
a. Online Scholarships - Click on the link (it is the Scholarship Name)
b. Paper Scholarships - Will have an asterisk (*) beside the Scholarship Name and is located in the Counseling Center
c. Scroll down on the site to find additional scholarships
d. Listen to the announcements for scholarships or read them online here
e. Please let your counselor know of ANY AND ALL scholarships you are offered (even if you decline them)!
Helpful websites: High School and beyond! Information to help you and your parents prepare, plan, and pay for post-high school education.
Smart Guiide to Financial Aid - A go-to guide for college and financial aid https://finaid.org/