Device Evaluation Information 2021
MPS recommends keeping cleaning products to a minimum when caring for your device. Never spray directly onto or into any part of the laptop (spray onto a cloth or q-tip first), and never scrape/scratch stickers or their residue (no razor blades).
-Disinfectant Wipes (screen, keys, trackpad, case)
-Compressed Air (keyboard, ports)
-Isopropyl Alcohol or "Goo Gone" (sticker residue)
Device Care & Maintenance
Students are expected to follow all the guidelines listed in this document and take any
additional common-sense precautions to protect their assigned device.
• Treat this device with as much care as you would your own property.
• Do not attempt to remove or change the physical structure of the device, including
the keys, screen cover or plastic casing.
• Do not remove or interfere with the serial number, asset tag, or any identification
placed on the device.
• Do not do anything to the device that will permanently alter it in any way.
• Backup your data. Never consider any electronic information safe when stored on
only one device.
• Close the lid of the device when it is not in use to save battery and protect the screen.
• Never walk from one location to another with an open computer. This is applicable at
school and at home.
Keep the Device in a Safe Place
• The device should never be left unattended.
• You are required to keep the device in your locked, school issued locker when not in
• The device should not be left on the floor where it might be stepped on, or within
reach of small children or pets.
• Avoid positioning the device in a manner that may block airflow to cooling vents.
• Avoid storing the device in a car other than in a locked trunk.
• Avoid exposing the device to extreme temperatures (32°F to 77°F) for prolonged
Devices left unattended may be confiscated by faculty or staff as a protection against theft.
Unattended and unlocked equipment, if stolen, including at school, will be the student’s responsibility.