STEM - High School
The Computer Science Pathway consists of the following courses:
PLTW Honors Computer Science Essentials (App Creation)
PLTW AP Computer Science Principles (Python)
- PLTW AP Computer Science A (JAVA)
Aviation & Aircraft Maintenance
Additionally, beginning in Fall 2023 semester, Aviation (Remote Pilot) and Aircraft (Aircraft Maintenance) courses were offered as learning pathways for our high school students.
Aviation is Oklahoma’s second leading industry, creating a huge job demand that pays higher than average wages. Upon completion of the program, high school students may obtain beginner-level aviation credentials. Additionally, our partner in education, Moore Norman Technology Center, is developing additional aviation programs that can lead to even further credentialing opportunities for our students after graduation.
Our long-term vision is to offer Aviation I - IV, and Aircraft I - IV. Courses must be taken sequentially, and each course takes one school year to complete. Therefore, only Aviation I and Aircraft I are offered during the 2023-2024 school year. In the coming years there will be two aviation pathways of sequential coursework available for students:
- This course pathway introduces students to the A&P Mechanic Certification Process
- Students interested in one of these two programs will need to enroll in Aviation I or Aircraft I when completing their freshman high school enrollment information.
- Course Descriptions can be found in your Course Catalog.
- Aviation II and III, and Aircraft II and III will count as Computer Science Credits.
- Aviation and Aircraft II and III can take the place of two (2) World Language/Computer graduation requirement.