Title I Parent Involvement Policy
Moore Public Schools
Parent Involvement Policy
Part I General Expectations
The school district will have programs, activities and procedures for the involvement of parents in all of its schools with Title I Part A programs. (ESSA, Section 1116(a)(2))
The school district will work with its Title I schools to ensure that the parental involvement policies meet the requirements of the ESEA and include a school-parent compact.
Each school will incorporate the district-wide parental involvement policy into its individual school plan.
The school district and its Title I schools will provide full opportunities for the participation of all parents and provide information and school reports in an understandable and uniform format and alternative formats upon request.
The school district will submit any and all parent comments with the plan when the school district submits the plan to the State Department of Education.
The school district will involve parents of children served in Title I Part A schools in decisions about how the Title I parent involvement funds are spent.
The school district will be governed by the following definition of parental involvement:
Parental involvement means the participation of parents in meaningful, ongoing communication involving student learning and other school activities.
Part II District Components
A written Title I parent involvement plan will be developed at the district level and at each school site through consultation of parents and teachers.
All Title I parents, administrators and teachers will have an opportunity to give input regarding school and parent programs through an annual needs assessment/program evaluation survey. The survey will reflect the varying needs at each school site and will become a priority consideration for Title I district and school plan revisions.
Professional development activities will be provided and monthly staff meetings conducted. Title I will work with other disciplines to develop parental involvement activities across the curriculum.
Each Title I school site will provide the results of an annual parent involvement survey to the district. The results of this survey may require that information be provided to parents in their native language.
The Moore Public School District will develop and support a partnership among the school site involved, parents and the community to improve student academic achievement, through the following activities specifically described below:
- Provide assistance and understanding of Oklahoma Academic Standards (OAS), Oklahoma School Testing Program (OSTP), district required standards and assessments, and the district Parent Portal
- Provide district and school site training for parents, administrators and teachers
- Provide district parent conference days to monitor students’ progress
- Provide a Title I website which will inform parents of Title I programs, a calendar and other services, district and site parent meetings, links to additional parent resources, and state standards
- Conduct an annual district advisory council meeting
- Strive to provide information in the parents’ primary language
- Provide parent resources
To support this partnership, activities such as workshops and conferences may include:
- Title I page on the district website
- Author visits and guest speakers
- Content based parent meetings relating reading to other subjects
- State Department activities
- Providing take home materials for parents
- Professional development to educate teachers, pupil services personnel, principals and other staff, on how to reach out to, communicate with, and work with parents as equal partners
Part III ADOPTION
This district wide Parental Involvement Policy has been developed jointly with, and agreed on with, parents of children participating in Title I, Part A programs, as evidenced by Melissa Tarman.
This policy was adopted by Moore Public School District on May 10, 2023 and will be in effect for the 2023-2024 school year. The school district will distribute this policy to all parents of participating Title I, Part A children on or before September 15, 2023.