Certified PD Requirements
Professional Development Requirements
Moore Public Schools Certified Staff
Yearly Requirements for All Certified Employees:
- Alcohol, Tobacco and Drug Awareness
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Child Abuse
- Cultural Awareness
- Diabetes Awareness
- Diabetes Awareness II
- English as a Second Language
- Homeless Students
- Mental Illness and Disorders Awareness for Educators
- Proactive Safety
- Reading Disabilities/Dyslexia - National
- Section 504
- Slip and Fall Prevention
Other Requirements for Specific Groups:
- ELL Training for New Teachers – One point for all teachers who are new (or returning after a separation) to the district.
- Gifted/Talented – One point annually for all teachers with AP, Pre-AP, or SEARCH classes
- Hazardous Material Safety Education – One point annually for all secondary science teachers... this is in addition to the required MPS Safety online training.
- Autism Education – One point for elementary certified staff, and all paraprofessionals, on GCN.
All certified and licensed teachers and administrators are required to accrue at least seventy-five (75) professional development points within a five (5) year period with at least fifteen (15) points completed each year until the individual has accrued his/her seventy-five (75) points. During any remaining year(s), some points must be completed each year. The five (5) year period for accruing points begins on an individual’s date of employment in an accredited school in Oklahoma. If an individual changes school districts within the five (5) year period, the points accrued are transferred to the receiving district and the five (5) year period continues. In-service receipts should be submitted within the school year they were attended (July 1-June 30).