Head Lice Policy
The following policy and procedure has been set forth to safeguard the students and personnel from an epidemic from Pediculosis (lice).
The Protocol for any student or personnel with signs of live lice or nits will be as follows:
- When live lice are found, the student will be immediately sent home from school and may not return until all lice and nits are removed.
- If only nits are found without the presence of live lice, the student may remain at school for the remainder of the day, but may not return until all nits are removed.
- The student will be readmitted to school only after a school staff member (may be the nurse or office staff) or the Health Department staff has checked and released him or her to return.
- A parent/guardian must wait at the school while the student is being checked for clearance to return to class.
- Should a re-infestation occur, the individual will again be excluded from school and the above policy will be in effect.
Absences will be excused for up to forty-eight (48) hours per occurrence to treat and clear head lice with appropriate documentation from the health department.
Cleveland County Health Department
424 S. Eastern
Moore, OK 73160
Must make appointment for 2023-2024 School Year
Clinic Hours Monday - Thursday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Friday Call for Appointment
For more information click here.