GLOW Dance - Friday, September 20 from 6 to 8 PM in the CJH cafeteria. $10.00 per person. Wear bright colors or white.
Free After-School Tutoring is available for students with a "D" or "F' on a progress report or report card. The MPS Tutorial Program is a free program provided by the district to qualifying students in 4th through 8th grade. High school honor students under the direction of a certified teacher will tutor students Mondays and Wednesdays @ CJH in 50 minute sessions. More information and the sign-up link can be found here.School-Wide Incentive #1 - In an effort to meet our school culture goals, we will be offering incentives for students throughout the year. The first incentive period will begin on Monday, September 12 and continue through October 17. Our goals for that period:
- Reduce behavior referrals by 10% in comparison to this time last year.
- Reduce tardies by 10% compared to this time last year.
- Improve average daily attendance to 96%.
If we meet these goals as a school, we will all attend the MHS homecoming parade on October 25th.
We invite parents and guardians to encourage your students in helping CJH meet these goals!
PTSA Meeting - Monday, September 23 in the CJH teachers' lounge.See the 2019 - 20 Opening Letter from Mrs. Hillis here.Class Supplies for 2019-20 (updated 8/9 @ 9:30 PM)We will be welcoming several new teachers to CJH this fall, so we will not be providing a single formal supply list. A document with individual teacher supply lists can be found here. It will be updated as more teachers provide their requirements. Class lists not included in this document or additional requirements will be provided on the first day of school. The only item that all CJH students will need this year is a 13-section accordian-style file. This will be used as an organizational tool for all classes.Change from last year - Lockers will not be assigned, however students will be allowed to carry backpacks to their classes this year.For those of you who would like to take advantage of early sales, here are items that have been requested for core classes in the past.
- Composition notebooks (Most CJH teachers prefer 100-page composition notebooks to spiral notebooks. For core classes last year, 7th graders needed 6 and 8th graders needed 5. Right before school starts they can be purchased at most stores for 25-50 cents each.)
- Pencils (lots and lots...buy them now while they're cheap!)
- Notebook paper
- Disinfectant wipes (for desks/tables/keyboards)
- Glue sticks (at least one of your child's classes will require glue sticks.)
- Colored pencils (at least one of your child's classes will require colored pencils.)
All students will be provided with an agenda which will be used in all classes. It will also be used as their hall pass.
2019-20 summer reading assignments for 7th and 8th grade can be found here.