The first step in troubleshooting most issues is to restart the computer. Many times a restart will resolve the issue.
Below are some of the most common issues that users may be able to resolve themselves and eliminate downtime.
- Computer and/or monitor appear to be off.
- Try pushing the power button on the computer (box) and monitor (screen).
- If the power light is flashing amber, on the computer, hold down the power button to turn off the computer. Sometimes it takes a while to power it off. Wait a minute and then power the computer back on.
- If the computer doesn't respond to the power button, try unplugging the power cord from the back of the computer.
- If the computer light is green, it is possible that there may be an issue with the monitor. Check to be sure the monitor is powered on. The light (bottom right) on the monitor should be green.
2. Mouse is acting strange after the restart.
- Check to make sure the bottom of the mouse is free from dirt and lint.
- The surface your mouse operates on sometimes affects the performance. Change the surface. Not all mouse pads are friendly.
3. There are no printers to select when selecting Print from an application or it is not printing to the printer you wish to use.
- A default printer must be selected. From the Start button, select Settings/Printers and Faxes. Right click on the printer you wish to use as your default.
- If there are no printers to select, submit a helpdesk to have printer setup.