The Southridge National Junior Honor Society is sponsored by Ms. Lanese Chancey. Membership is open to 7th and 8th graders who have attended Southridge Junior High for at least one semester and have attained a cumulative grade point average of 3.50. Members are selected based on scholarship, leadership, service, character, and citizenship. NJHS is a service organization designed to teach students how to give of themselves to the community, the school, and their fellow human beings. Members will participate in meetings, various activities, service projects and fund raisers that occur during the year.
- In the spring, notifications will be sent out to all 7th graders with a first semester GPA of at least 3.5. If you feel that you have the qualifying GPA and do not receive notification once announcements have started, please contact Ms. Chancey
- Upon receipt of notification, if interested you will fill out and return information forms and the faculty will furnish information as to your character, citizenship, and leadership in their classes
- The Faculty Council, a five member panel of teachers, will meet and review the information for each candidate to determine qualification. The NJHS Adviser/Sponsor will notify candidates of the results. Candidates are required to attend the induction ceremony in late spring to complete their membership.
- Dues are $10 per year ($5 each semester, due in September and February). Members are also required to purchase an NJHS T-shirt (not to exceed $15) in the fall. Financial scholarships are available if necessary.
- Meetings are held monthly during school hours and members are required to serve on one of the standing committees of Service, Leadership, Scholarship, Character, and Citizenship.
- Agenda for initial candidate information meeting - (available in the spring)
"National Junior Honor Society" and "NJHS" are duly registered trademarks of the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP). Unauthorized copying or use of said trademarks is strictly prohibited.