As the school counselor, I am responsible for the Guidance and Counseling program at Bryant Elementary. The guidance program is an integral part of the school's total educational program. My goal in working with your students is to help them become the best they can be academically, socially and emotionally. The following services are available:
1. Classroom Guidance
Provides guidance classes at least twice a month.
- Decision-making, problem-solving
- Motivation to achieve (test-taking strategies)
- Safety (personal, internet, and anti-bullying)
- Substance abuse (alcohol, tobacco, drug) prevention
- Responsible behavior
- Digital Citizenship
2. Group and individual Guidance
Addresses the immediate concerns of students.
- Coping with stress and peer pressure: friendship issues
- Grief/ Loss or divorce
- Handling emotions
- School-related issues
3. Individual Planning
Assist students in monitoring and understanding their own development.
- Career awareness
- Standardized testing results
4. System Support
Includes parent and staff support activities and services
- Community counseling information
- Standardized testing, building test coordinator
- Tutoring and alternative programs
Students who would like to schedule a visit with me may do so by self, teacher, or parent requests. Verbal parent permission is required for ongoing guidance.
If I can be of assistance, please contact me at school. Thank you for your continued support of the Guidance and Counseling program. I enjoy working with your children!
Bryant Elementary Counselor