Families can see student work and celebrate progress. Up to ten family members can stay in the loop using the Parent and Family app (iOS, Android) or on web.
Pk-5th grade students will go through Clever to get to Seesaw.
If you are using a mobile device, you will need to make sure your device has the Seesaw app downloaded.
Occasionally, Clever may not automatically sign you into the Seesaw app. If that happens, follow these steps:
1. Select "I'm a Student".
2. Next, click on "Google/Email Sign In".
3. Finally, select the "Seesaw for Schools Clever Sign In" option and sign into Clever to get the correct Seesaw account to load.
Below are just a few of the positive elements of Seesaw.
- Use technology to demonstrate their learning in a variety of ways and by receiving feedback that informs and improves their practice.
- Use digital tools to construct knowledge, produce creative artifacts, and make meaningful learning experiences for themselves and others.
- Become creative communicators by creating original works and responsibly repurposing digital resources into new creations.
- Develop stronger communication skills, expressing ideas clearly and effectively by using a variety of digital tools.
- Be sure to encourage students to use the voice record feature each time they work on an activity to provide teachers/families a deeper understanding of student comprehension. Activities that include the student’s voice help support the discussions you have with parents and help provide evidence needed for RTI and Data meetings.
- Student portfolios allow students and parents to see the amazing work they’ve done!
- Provide engaging and inspiring activities for students using Seesaw’s library of thousands of teacher-tested activities
- View and listen to students’ explanations and reasonings, gaining insight to their thinking and learning.
- Provide feedback to students on an individual basis, have the ability to allow students to provide feedback to each other, and have the ability to allow parent feedback to students as well.
- Track progress on skills and standards using relevant assessment tools.
- Seesaw allows teachers to gain a deeper understanding of where the students are in their academic progress.
- Will only see their student’s work.
- Partake in home-school communication centered on the student and their learning.
- Gain a sense of trust and support with ongoing visibility into student learning.
- Enjoy the ability to view everything from video reflections to hands-on group projects. Students are empowered to add work to their journal where family members can see it and leave comments of encouragement.
- Communication with parents is built in to Seesaw
- Seesaw is compatible on a variety of devices. You can use it with tablets, laptops, and desktops.